Chemical Education Journal (CEJ) ISSN 1344-7963
Switch: Japanese | English
Chemical Education Journal Asian Edition in English Policy
"Notice for Contributors"
- PUBLISHING POLICY. The Chemical Education Journal (CEJ) is published in a "one volume per year" manner. CEJ mainly publishes two types of contributions: "Articles" and "Teaching and Learning Materials and Practices (TLMP)". CEJ also accepts contributions as "Commentary" and "Book Reviews" for publication. The readership of CEJ is focused on chemists and chemical educators most of whom are tertiary and secondary teachers and students, as well as those who are related to or interested in chemical education.
"Articles" include research papers, reports, surveys, reviews, and so on, based on contributors' own efforts. They should contain something new or improved: facts, theory, concept, ideas, or devises, and should have potential value, either on academic, technical, practical, or informational basis, in chemical education or community of chemical educators (teachers and learners). The subject may range teaching/learning methodology, researches, practices, devises, materials for teachers and students, demonstrations in class or in public, national and regional situations of education, and so on.
"Teaching and Learning Materials and Practices (TLMP)" include introduction of teaching/learning materials (theoretical or practical) or a good example of practices for teachers and/or learners in all stages of chemical education. They contain, at least partly, new ideas or improvements based on contributors' own efforts and are expected to be applicable to others in a certain stage of chemical education. The manuscript must contain description on the experience in class teaching or autonomous learning with learners.
CEJ covers all the areas of chemical education in wider sense. All the levels and stages of education, ranging from elementary to university and social (life-long) education are covered. Note, however, that meeting interest of readers, rather than authors, is of primary consideration.
- MANUSCRIPTS. Since CEJ is a WWW-based electronic journal, contributors are strongly encouraged to make good use of ICT on WWW in preparing manuscripts: for instance, inclusion of figures, audio-visual contents such as movie clippings, flash or other animations, application programs, or hyperlinks which are connected with appropriate WWW sites of contributors' own or disseminated by others.
Manuscripts should be written either in English or Japanese (for Asian Edition, in English only). Each manuscript should be submitted in either of the two forms:
(1) WWW (world wide web) pages such as HTML (hyper text markup language) files, picture, audio and/or movie clippings, animations, and so on, and each file is compatible with common WWW browsers.
Template page in html for download
(2) A Microsoft word document file and attached files, in which all the contents should easily be convertible into the files which are compatible with common WWW browsers.
Download a template file (MS-word)
By your submission of the manuscript to CEJ you warrant that the article is an original work on your part and has not been published previously and is not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- THE FIRST PAGE contains the title, a list of author's names, the postal address of the institution at which the work was done, and the abstract; the corresponding author with the e-mail address is indicated by an asterisk. Key words (no more than six phrases) that characterize the paper and help the on-line search may be included.
- SUBMISSION. (1) WWW submission: The contributor loads the manuscript on a WWW server (hereafter, cite as "author's WWW server"). None of the WWW pages except for the manuscript itself may link to the manuscript. Note that the Editorial Board (EB) of CEJ regards the manuscript as published if any other WWW page calls it. If no WWW server is available to the contributor, consult the EB of CEJ by
e-mail = cej-officemail.edu.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
The URL (uniform resource locator) of the first page (root page) of the manuscript should be informed to the EB by e-mail.
(2) Submission in MS Word format. The contributor sends the manuscript to the EB by e-mail. It will take more time to launch proofreading after acceptance, due to the processing of the manuscript by CEJ.
Submission is completed by sending a copy of Contribution Form and Letter of Guarantee to the EB of CEJ. Their forms are available below.
Download a CEJ Contribution Form (MS Word)
- REVIEWING. Every contribution will be subject to peer reviewing by anonymous experts. Notwithstanding the reviewing of the manuscript, the final decision on acceptance, revision, or rejection remains with the EB. Authors for whom English is a foreign language are advised to have the manuscript checked by native English speakers. The corresponding author is requested to respond the e-mail queries from the EB within one week.
The EB is trying to reduce the time required for reviewing within one month after the receipt of the manuscript. In case the decision or comment from the EB is not sent to the corresponding author in two months, the authors are encouraged to inquire the EB of the consequence.
- ACCEPTANCE. The volume number, the date of reception, etc., will be informed to the corresponding author, after the manuscript is accepted for publication in CEJ. Then the author is requested to add these data to the top of the manuscript on the WWW server.
- PROOFREADING. In case the contents are to be published only at the CEJ WWW server, the accepted contribution will be subjected to the proofreading by the authors after processing of the manuscript. The authors are requested to send back the corrections to the EB within the date designated by the EB. Otherwise, the paper will be published only with the proofreading and correction by the EB.
- PUBLICATION. In principle, contributions are published in html format, with attached files, for publication in pdf would lead to serious loss of valuable contents that are only available through WWW. Authors are allowed to prepare a pdf file from the published contents, with the citation of the WWW address of the original article, and disseminate it. The contents in the html format, however, are the official CEJ publication when they are available in both formats. Publications solely in pdf will be allowed in case when the EB so decided.
The contributions located at the author's WWW server are regarded as published in CEJ when they are first indexed from the "Contents" page of the CEJ WWW server. Other contributions are placed at the CEJ WWW server and are indexed from the "Contents" page as well.
CEJ is testing the preliminary dissemination system, so that the processed contributions may be open and available soon.
- COPYRIGHT. Authors are not required to transfer the copyrights to CEJ. Nevertheless, the authors are requested to send all the contents to EB for dissemination at the mirror (backup) servers of CEJ. Note that the published paper will continue to be disseminated at the CEJ WWW server and/or its mirror (backup) sites.
the paper placed on their WWW server as long as possible but at least for six months, and cannot submit the contents to other journals for three months. Correction/errata to the manuscript may be loaded on the WWW server only with the consultation with the EB. Neither the authors nor CEJ have the right to restrict or prohibit the link directing to the published paper from any other WWW servers. The EB of CEJ only disclaims responsibility for the publication of CEJ. The authors concerned are responsible to the published contents.
CEJ Front Cover / General Contents / Notice for Contributors / Editorial Board/
Copyright (C) 2002-2017 The SCCJ School of Chemistry (Division of the Society of Computer Chemistry, Japan). 1997-2001 The CSSJ School of Chemistry (Division of the Chemical Software Society of Japan). All rights reserved.